Tuesday, 18 May 2021

The Vaccine Arrives at Work


My workplace is having a voluntary vaccine clinic for the plebes, err, workers. Thing is, when I politely declined this free service, I was forced to fill out a form and sign that I was refusing it. I asked why anyone should have such information for refusing to take part, and I could not receive an adequate answer. I asked who will be keeping this information, and I did not receive an adequate answer... uh-huh. I'm half expecting to make it onto the terrorist no-fly list, not that I care since I'm not allowed to fly or travel because of vaccine status.

A few weeks ago I had to sign another document stating that I would comply with all covid measures put forth by WorkSafeBC now and in the future. Yes, unlike most other employees, I actually read the whole thing. Then I refused to sign it, stating that while I disagree with the current measures of social distancing, masking, temperature tracking blah blah, I am currently willing to abide with these measures, however, there is absolutely no circumstance under which I will blindly sign away my future rights to whatever ridiculousness WorkSafeBC bureaucrats and the company HR Department morons come up with. HR had to rewrite the document to remove the "in the future" line, lol. It was a small and most likely pyrrhic victory since I now have likely been flagged as a problem employee, rather the mindless drone they would prefer.  
 
.

No comments:

Post a Comment