Friday, 29 November 2013

510sf Passive Solar Cottage

.
I really like this passive solar cottage - it would be perfect for a single guy.
.
.
Bah! I said a single guy!
.
Out, woman! Out!
.
This little cottage could easily be built along the lines of what is described in the online book, The Natural Home.
.
.
Bricks are manly!
.
.
Plates are not manly.
.
.
Don't need a big wood-stove to heat 510sf.
.
.
It says in the article that the average gas and electricity bill is $6/gas, and $6/electric. I wonder if they can split that into bi-weekly installments, to make it seem more affordable.
.
.
Here's the one thing I do not like about this house - it is built in a quarter circle, so the bedroom goes into a "wedge."
.
.
To me, that wedge is just a waste of space. I'd rather go for a more rectangular shape and make the area more functional. At 510sf, you have to make good use of your space! But, for the rest, I think this is a pretty cool little pad.
.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
.
Related Posts:
Current Diggs
The Natural Home - Passive Solar Construction (online book)
510sf Passive Solar Cottage
The Bear Den - Underground Survival Home
Judith Mountain Cabin

No comments:

Post a Comment